Close

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    You can also slip a "helper disk" under the support. It is just a round disc piece about 1-2mm high. I think Makerware has one in their library but you can make your own easily.

I wonder if this is my problem. I got a couple of small test prints done. But since then all I get is extruder jams. I read some where about baking the filament in the oven. Will have to see if I can find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    PLA can form little bulbous shapes through it if you leave it in a damp area (ABS seems to not care at all..)

These bulbous shapes will jam the fillament as it gets fed, most of them will go through after a click or two, but most of them will just stop the filament feeding up, and the gear with shred whatever is inside to a nice powdery fluff.

Engineer
    guys, the new s3d update just got released first thing this morning. download it and try it out. lots of cool new features.

download here:
    http://www.simplify3d.com/downloads/

here is a breakdown of the new features and there is a changelog at the bottom of the page.

http://www.simplify3d.com/simplify3d-v2-2-release/

I just went to the link you provided and it is downloading the 2.1.2 version that I already have, possibly other instructions?

Yep, they must have found an issue and pulled it...

It's back up for download

Hah! Avast! detected a threat and deleted the 64 bit installer...

Engineer-in-Training
    Sounds like a nice update. Still haven't taken the plunge myself with all the negative comments about dual extrusion features or lack there of in previous versions. If someone has an opportunity to install and try out a dual extrusion and report back that would be awesome.

Ok, just seemed to be an Avast thing. Support said the file was fine, and so just turn off Avast during the install. I did so, and it installed. I turned Avast back on and it checked things out, giving an all clear. (Once again, support response was F-A-S-T)!

Two threads going on S3D, so I'm doing some double posting. Just because I posted the problem in both...

--------------------------------------------------

Ok, just seemed to be an Avast thing. Support said the file was fine, and so just turn off Avast during the install. I did so, and it installed. I turned Avast back on and it checked things out, giving an all clear. (Once again, support response was F-A-S-T)!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast