Close

Flashforge ABS Filament troubles

Hi all,
    I saw in another post (cant find the original thread) someone mentioning that the flashforge ABS filament can ruin the extruders or nozzles.
    I was wondering if someone could shed a little light on that as i have a roll sitting there ready to go.IMG_9761.jpg

Cheers

Hi, I asked a representative from flashforge china about it:

[09:54:09] He echo:] haven't heard it
    [09:54:09] He echo: I am afraid it is not so correct
    [09:54:29] He echo: since our printer always use our own filaments
    But I'm curious to hear about it.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    The white is brilliant stuff.

I've got a roll of blue that came with the machine, that blocked a nozzle. It's unblocked now. But I'm not using that roll in the printer again.

The white abs on the other hand was really excellent stuff. No problems, clean sharp prints, great colour.

Goeff had the worst filament - can't remember the colour but it had all sorts of weird crap in it.

Cheers for the response guys, I will give the filament a run tomorrow.

Thought it better to check first and avoid a potential problem

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    don't think anyone's had any issues with the white - just avoid black and blue :-)

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by haglor View Post
    Hi all,
    I saw in another post (cant find the original thread) someone mentioning that the flashforge ABS filament can ruin the extruders or nozzles.
    I was wondering if someone could shed a little light on that as i have a roll sitting there ready to go.IMG_9761.jpg

Cheers
    Hi,

There are 2 problems I have had with FF, and that was with only 1 Black roll of filament, and the white spools that split apart ..

You have the black spool, which is i'm sure a solid 1 piece spool that won't split in half when you are printing... and the white filament is very good from Flashforge. My only complaint is they don't supply the same White every time. Sometimes its a bone white, other times is the really really good snow white.

Don't delay, get that in your printer and start making magic!
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com