Close

Thread: Pocket3DPrinter

Pocket3DPrinter

Imagine a 3D printer that could fold up and literally fit in your pocket. That's just what the Pocket3DPrinter claims to be able to do. The printer uses a mixture of FDM and SLA technology to built objects without heat, and is portable for jobs under 3 hours. More details on this printer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/18240/pocket3dprinter/ . Some of the specs of the Pocket3DPrinter are listed below:

Printer Technology SLA, Cures photosensitive resin
    Build Envelope: 6” X 6” X 5” or 8” X 8” X 7”
    Printer Size when Closed: 1” X 6” X 7” or 1”X 8” X 9”

What do you guys think? Will this product actually be able to come to market priced at just $299 for the kit? Below is a picture of a prototype:

Depending upon the angle of the arms... The tolerance is going to vary wildly. Some parts of the bed (and print) are going to be much better than other parts.

Staff Engineer
    This will be a calibration nightmare forever.
    Also, almost no stability (even the render of the concept product looks unstable).
    Also, no speed numbers.
    Also, somewhat unrealistic price for machined aluminum frame and other promises in the construction.
    Also, no budget, business plan or business partners.
    Also, flex funding tends to make me itch.

Though the delivery time is realistic, I'll give it that.

Engineer
    Ok, I believe his busisness isn't going anywhere.... We're talking about SLA/DLP based technology. How much does the resin cost? Where can I buy it? If the resin is going to cost as much as formlab or fsl3d, I will just rather spend 3-4k$ to get the machine. It's really expansive, but formlab has proven to be reliable enough.