Close

Has anyone ever heard of a .ssf or .saf file

I have a 3D scanner that saves its files as an .ssf or.saf file depending. The person that designed the software is no longer in the industry, closed the company and is no longer offering support. These may be proprietary files. I can't seem to find any information about them.

Can these files be converted to an STL file.

The scanner is now obsolete but I'm dongled to it. From my understanding the part being scanned is covered with black and white stripes projected onto the object being scanned via an infrared LED projector. It is a snapshot scanner and it or the part being scanned do not move. The parts being scanned are smooth with gradual curves and no defined peaks and valleys.

I would like to find a quick fix until the entire system can be replaced.

I'm a total newbie so any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!

Staff Engineer

SSF seems to be a proprietary Trimble format.

Looking on the Internet, there are converters one can download that say they'll translate it into other formats: http://file.downloadatoz.com/ssf-fil...converter.html

.Saf files are likely Spatial Archive and Interchange Format (SAIF); I didn't find any converters for it, although it seems to have been involved with the Open GIS project, which sounds hopeful.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Quote Originally Posted by fariaguard View Post
    I have a 3D scanner that saves its files as an .ssf or.saf file depending. The person that designed the software is no longer in the industry, closed the company and is no longer offering support. These may be proprietary files. I can't seem to find any information about them.

Can these files be converted to an STL file.

The scanner is now obsolete but I'm dongled to it. From my understanding the part being scanned is covered with black and white stripes projected onto the object being scanned via an infrared LED projector. It is a snapshot scanner and it or the part being scanned do not move. The parts being scanned are smooth with gradual curves and no defined peaks and valleys.

I would like to find a quick fix until the entire system can be replaced.

I'm a total newbie so any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well the native format software saves files in - isn't usually an issue.

Any 3d scanner software should be able to export the files as .stl .amf or another more user freindly format.

Look for an export option.