Close

Johnny Lab Machine 3D Printer

Design for Craft has just unveiled a new 3D printer call the Johnny Lab Machine. The new printer was unveiled this weekend at Rome's Maker Faire and features the following specifications:

• Build Envelope: 200 x 200 x 250mm
    • Max Print Speed: 60mm/s
    • Layer Resolution: Up to 10 micron
    • Nozzle Size: 0.35mm and 0.50mm
    • Filament Size: 1.75mm and 3mm

What makes this printer unique are the special attachments which can be added, enabling printing with plastic pellets as well as filament sticks, in addition to the traditional spools of filament. More details on this new 3D printer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/17355/johnny-lab-machine-3d-printer/

Below is a picture of Johnny Lab Machine:

Engineer
    Bragging about 10 microns resolution is a complete joke. Have they thought about the consumer calibrating it? Even 100microns is suitable even for most application, let alone 50 on rare occasion.
    Also, not to mention it is a piss poor design. Look at the useless volume, so much wasted area. The machine could have a potential to build 400x400. That could be a game changer. Worse of all, they are targetting for laboratory. It's one of those place where space management is the most important if you dont wan't to get your hand smack by the inspector!

The good thing I can think about is the ability to use different filament standard and printing through pellets!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    Bragging about 10 microns resolution is a complete joke. Have they thought about the consumer calibrating it? Even 100microns is suitable even for most application, let alone 50 on rare occasion.
    Also, not to mention it is a piss poor design. Look at the useless volume, so much wasted area. The machine could have a potential to build 400x400. That could be a game changer. Worse of all, they are targetting for laboratory. It's one of those place where space management is the most important if you dont wan't to get your hand smack by the inspector!

The good thing I can think about is the ability to use different filament standard and printing through pellets!
    Well, on a more constructive note..

I would move the Y axis linear stocks closer together, this will let you put a larger build platform on the thing, as I do agree with Richard in the regards it is a very large footprint for a machine when it only prints such a small area.

As for the 10 micron resolution, I'd need to see that one to believe it

Engineer
    I do get negative when it's about busisness and dealing with money from the people :P

I personally like the design. Sure it could of course be expanded upon. I run a Printrbot Simple. And I admit it looks to be a design of an improved idea. The Ferrari of PB? Happy printing every one

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by FoyJustie View Post
    I personally like the design. Sure it could of course be expanded upon. I run a Printrbot Simple. And I admit it looks to be a design of an improved idea. The Ferrari of PB? Happy printing every one
    Nah, I'd be more inclined to say the family sedan of PB