Close

Question Flashforge Dreamer - overhang issues

Hi guys I'm a newbie with a Dreamer
    Im trying to print this --> http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:243278/#files
    Using Skeinforge. Platform set to 60, extruder to 215, layer height 0.20mm, number of shells 3, fill density 35, fill patter: line, print speed 100mm/s, travel speed 120mm/s, overhang treshold 45.
    Right side of all parts on overhangs is curling up. What am I doing wrong ? Im new to 3d printing and any feedback will be highly appreciated
    20141003_232924.jpg

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Hi, I assume at 215c you are printing PLA? this is too hot, thats why it is curling up, lower the temperature to 195-200c

You would be surprised how low you can extrude PLA, I can load and unload it at around 160c

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hi, I assume at 215c you are printing PLA? this is too hot, thats why it is curling up, lower the temperature to 195-200c

You would be surprised how low you can extrude PLA, I can load and unload it at around 160c

Thanks, I will try that but why would it only do that on right side of all prints ?

Is there a fan on your extruder? Maybe the side that is curling up is on the opposite side of the print facing the fan? The gear heart is one of my all time favorite prints, always a hit at shows, and i have printed several without curling. You seem close to getting it right.