Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incidentally.... There have been some posts about fixing LCD Panel corruption if you search for them. Some of the panels can be fixed by just having the firmware periodically reset the board. I don't remember the specifics, but the problem had to do with the board getting out of phase when writing 4-bit nibbles to it to form a byte.

my screen problems are basically: 1. couldnt find all of the code niblets the instructions said to enable. 2 screen lights up with no data displayed. 3. printer is not picking up the sd card slot. (sais sdinit fail when connecting in pronterface) have been going back and forth with support for the screen with josh at makergeeks. printing a test cube now and it looks a lot better since uploading sprinter again

latest cubes after switching back to old firmware (sprinter) left to right -- block before marlin - test blocks with marlin -- and after reupload of sprinter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Perhaps there is somebody who would be kind enough to share their Marlin file with mike. It would help a lot to have one that does work the lcd to examine for his error with it? I know the stepper numbers will be different and so on, but having a copy that we know works might make all the difference.

Mike, even if you switch back to the first one, we know the couplers are a problem. A weak spot that must be fixed. Lets do that anyway??

true ill be over a little later this afternoon thanks!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by stargeezer View Post
    Perhaps there is somebody who would be kind enough to share their Marlin file with mike. It would help a lot to have one that does work the lcd to examine for his error with it? I know the stepper numbers will be different and so on, but having a copy that we know works might make all the difference.

Mike, even if you switch back to the first one, we know the couplers are a problem. A weak spot that must be fixed. Lets do that anyway??
    There might be a lurker who'll jump in, but I don't recall anyone frequenting this area of the board that has the 128x64 graphic pixel type of display. Most of us have the simpler 20x4 character displays. If you think that Marlin version would be of use to you as a reference, go to the MakerFarm subforum and look for the thread on the Marlin firmware fork for the MakerFarm i3v printer. That is based on a pretty current version of Marlin.

bigmikeinil, As I said before, definitely work to fix the couplers if you've seen them slipping at any speed, any acceleration. I'm not sure what kind of coupler nwreprap uses, but the plastic tubing ones on MakerFarm and commonly used elsewhere tend to soften with temperature. IMO, having one good print on Sprinter firmware first thing of the day isn't all that conclusive. That could change as the Z-motors warm up and soften the couplers if they are plastic.

If you do think you have a firmware issue in Marlin, try comparing the configuration files between sprinter and Marlin to see where they're different. Sure the syntax will be different, but what you're looking for are differences in values for similar settings.

And don't forget to calibrate the extrusion setting in Marlin. Your last settings still suggest you're running with the default of 700 steps per unit for it.

well aaron over at nwreprap contacted me today and helped me tons! we seem to have the height issue worked out, in marlin even. a few more tweaks and ill have it printing like it was in sprinter. never made it over to pickup the new couplers today will have to do that tomorrow. thank you all for your help! hopefully soon enough ill be able to help other people out with theirs.

Did you get the lcd working? I've been working on my "simulator", but all I get is the backlight on.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    So, what were the changes nwreprap had you make to the Marlin firmware that solved your problems?

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    So, what were the changes nwreprap had you make to the Marlin firmware that solved your problems?
    I think there was code posted... But one of our members here knows all about the LCD Panel corruption and how to work around it. If you search for i^2c you will find where I got corrected on how the panels work and the code (and explanation) that you want.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast