Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
    Trying to print that Marvin keychain figure, can't seem to make it stop warping:

Attachment 3091
    PLA 205C Extruder & 55C BED (glass)

This is also with a 120mm fan on the side of the platform blowing into the case/bed.

Any ideas?
    Lower the PLA temp to 180-190

TBH I never print PLA higher than 200c, and I have 18 types here. If you get any clicking from the extruder due to the lower heat, print a bit slower and see how it goes.

you can't break your printer by extruding at a low temperature, all it will do is 'click click click' (sure if you let it click for long enough it will shred the filament ) but a couple of clicks wont kill it. Just see what the lowest you can extrude at, especially with PLA.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I've got this white pla that won't actually extrude at 190. I did get it to print at 215, but it's stringy as hell and looking like it needs 220+

I'm still not entirely convinced it isn't crap - but I'll try it again at abs temps.
    Have to admit 3dfilaprint have really disappointed me on this last order. Dodgy white pla and a roll of black on aroll so large it can't be mounted on the machine. wtf - other two rolls and the 8 or so previously I've bought from them on standard sized reels.
    So why this one giant bloody reel ?

Anyway, enough of my moaning :-)

So how is marvin warping ?
    I've printed loads of the bloody things (thinking they might make good airgun targets) apart from issues with overhang that is now fixed - never had any issues printing them with any material, speed or resolution.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234