Close

Add Marm on Thingiverse

Rafting? No good!

Using a XYZ Davinci, When I raft, the raft doesn't come off the part! It has the desired effect of not melting the bottom layer or two of the part, but the raft itself is now part of the part. I only raft when I need the bottom side of the part to not flare out.

Is there any way in the firmware to automatically adjust the temp of the bed after it lays down the first couple layers? Or any other suggestions are welcome!

Oh, and Hello!

Marm

What slicing program are you using? We need to know that so we can direct you to a solution.

Old Man Emu

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Thats a good question. I'm using the default one that came with the printer. XYZware. Reading through the forums, it seems that software is lacking in many features, like the ability to set a minimum time per layer. Are there other software packages out there that still work with the Davinci printers? They seem to be quite proprietary.

Hey there Marm,

I suggest you get yourself this little gizmo from wctek
    http://www.wctek.com/shop/da-vinci-3...15-xyzpro.html
    This lets you control your cartridge specs as well as fool the printer. This way you can just run other filaments from other companies.
    With this, you can set the bed temperature and extruder temperature.
    I use it on mine and I've been very successful at using filaments from Zen Toolworks, Octave, and some other no name filament from ebay.
    Not so lucky with PLA yet, but I'm working on that.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    A side question:

I kinda skipped over 3d Printing 101 in my research. I was lured in by the price point and the fact I WANTED TO PRINT MOAR!.

So aside from going and getting a book, are there any GOOD guides on the different materials, temps for printing, cooling fans, etc etc. I read the forums, I see the prints, I see what people are doing, but I don't know why. I want to know why people do what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post

I kinda skipped over 3d Printing 101 in my research. I was lured in by the price point and the fact I WANTED TO PRINT MOAR!.

So aside from going and getting a book, are there any GOOD guides on the different materials, temps for printing, cooling fans, etc etc. I read the forums, I see the prints, I see what people are doing, but I don't know why. I want to know why people do what they do.
    Have a read of this: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ctionary-Terms

Old Man Emu