Close

Technician

Running Costs of a Flashforge 3D Printer

My Partner when I first met her boosted how she always got a Credit for her Electricity Bill .... Then I moved in lol

I'm wanting to work out roughly how much per hour the Printer will cost to run?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by KenR60 View Post
    My Partner when I first met her boosted how she always got a Credit for her Electricity Bill .... Then I moved in lol

I'm wanting to work out roughly how much per hour the Printer will cost to run?
    It depends on your machine, my kossel mini runs on 12v and uses a laptop power supply and chews very little power and draws only a few amps.

I don't know the exact figure but my flashforge printer runs constantly and it does not really affect the power bill too much, not enough that my wife can complain anyway. Maybe an extra $40 to $50 in the quarterly bill and thats with usually 2 machines going.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    per hour - probably a few pence or cents.
    think of it like a 70-100watt lightbulb.
    Although most of the time it won't draw that much power.

If you're running both heads and the heated bed to 100c then probably around 100 watts.

In other words - seriously cheap to run. And as you don't often print solid models the plastic is also incredibly cheap.

Technician
    Thanks, I'll see what happens with the next Bill ....lol