Close

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
    Student
    I am trying to get my 8" i3v going again after several months of neglect. I have the hardware for ABL.. what is the address of the latest/best marlin RAMPS build?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    I am trying to get my 8" i3v going again after several months of neglect. I have the hardware for ABL.. what is the address of the latest/best marlin RAMPS build?
    Hi

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin is always the "right" way in. RC7 appears to be the latest.

Bob

Actually... RC-7 is a very stable point in time. But RCBugFix is always more up to date than the frozen RC-# Unless you have a real reason for not using RCBugFix, that is usually the best choice.

Student
    Is there a configuation.h that you have built? After I uploaded rc7, my LCD is blank... I looked over the configuation.h, but nothing jumped out at me.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    Is there a configuation.h that you have built? After I uploaded rc7, my LCD is blank... I looked over the configuation.h, but nothing jumped out at me.
    Hi

You probably have the wrong display enabled.

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Actually... RC-7 is a very stable point in time. But RCBugFix is always more up to date than the frozen RC-# Unless you have a real reason for not using RCBugFix, that is usually the best choice.
    I am getting ready to update my firmware and noticed the RC-8 is available. Should I use this or RC-7?

For sure... RC-8 is much better than RC-7. But you really should be using RCBugFix. Right now, RCBugFix is very close to RC-8. But over time... RCBugFix will be much better than RC-8.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

What's the status of mesh bed leveling in RC-8 / RCBugFix?

Bob

It works. But the RC-8 / RCBugFix version does not allow you to save the mesh. The UBL Branch lets you save the mesh and it also provides very nice Mesh Validation Pattern and Editing commands for the Mesh.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

It's the mesh pattern validation stuff that I'm waiting for .... trust but verify ... I've dropped the median filter back to 3 samples on the BLTouch and need to check things from time to time.

Bob

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast