Close

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Marlin upgrades for Dummies.

Please, Oh Wise ones, enlighten a moron groping in the dark.

Today, do I download and flash this:

https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin/co...29b5184dab6fd0

or this:

https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin/tr..._merge_11_2014

?

Old Man Emu

The second. It is the latest branch. Please let me know how it works for you. I'm pretty happy with my prints since the updates.

Downloaded.

Do I still have to do the probe/extruder offset calibration?

OME

I would definitely. My values (i.e. the ones in that config) are almost certainly not correct for your specific build.

Dacb, Can you be talked into submitting a 'Pull Request' to Erik Zalm's Marlin? I think the community could benefit from having it in the main branch of the source tree. The big question is: How much work would it be to prune the MakerFarm stuff out of it so it can be easily merged into his tree.

I haven't looked at the arduino SDK or syntax, but it should be able to use a simple array to set most of the config.h, and call the cells of the array at the settign define.

having not looked at the code i realized it's somewhat naieve to just pop in but doing so would be the basis for settign up profiles.

as each array would have a name and you load profile X through a setting.

so you could have a profile for makefarm, ultimaker, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    This is scary... There is some problem causing flakey behavior that we don't understand!
    My problem was just the stepper deactivate timeout. It was intermittent because I had a couple of tall jobs and lots of short ones I was printing. Increasing the timeout solved my problem. It always works for me now.

For the waiting for user issue, I had that at one point when I had pronterface connected, polling the temperatures. I took a tip from another forum and turned the temp graph off and all is well now. The temperature monitoring in Octoprint doesn't seem to cause this.

Dacb, Can you be talked into submitting a 'Pull Request' to Erik Zalm's Marlin? I think the community could benefit from having it in the main branch of the source tree. The big question is: How much work would it be to prune the MakerFarm stuff out of it so it can be easily merged into his tree.
    If this happens, let me know. I'm downstream from Dacb and might consider rebasing.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dacb View Post
    I have merged to the upstream Marlin_v1 with this commit: https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin/co...29b5184dab6fd0
    and added the topology report fix, previously mentioned.

It is on a new branch: https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin/tr..._merge_11_2014

This is for the adventurous. I've only done a handful of prints so far.

I have a problem with leveling on latest branch on my makerfarm i3 8".

SETTINGS:
    --------------------

// set the rectangle in which to probe
    #define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 50
    #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 150
    #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 150
    #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 50

GCODE:
    --------------------

G28 ;move X/Y to min endstops
    G29 V4 T n3 ;extended auto bed leveling

PROBLEM PHOTO:
    --------------------

IMG_3693.jpg

PS:
    with latest Marlin (upstream_merge_11_2014) I found new menu item: "Menu - Prepare - Set home offsets", what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    If this happens, let me know. I'm downstream from Dacb and might consider rebasing.
    Let me look into how this would work. There is some divergence that we'd have to reconcile while separating out the MakerFarm specific bits. I have a busy week coming up, so if someone is interested in looking at this sooner, PM me and we can arrange access to this repo such that you can initiate.

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    My problem was just the stepper deactivate timeout. It was intermittent because I had a couple of tall jobs and lots of short ones I was printing. Increasing the timeout solved my problem. It always works for me now.

For the waiting for user issue, I had that at one point when I had pronterface connected, polling the temperatures. I took a tip from another forum and turned the temp graph off and all is well now. The temperature monitoring in Octoprint doesn't seem to cause this.
    This is great advice. I'm using Cura and Octoprint. Since I moved our tree forward against the upstream/master, I've noticed the Waiting for user message has changed to M105. M105 is the temperature poll for the extruder (IIRC). I think I am having a timeout issue with my Octoprint settings.

I've printed a few dozen items since the last update and I'm pretty happy.

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast