Close

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Yeah... It looks like retract_flag should be within scope. But if you change these line, I think it will compile. You just won't be able to use the 'E' option to force the probe up and down for each sampled point:

Code:
    #else // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID not defined

// Probe at 3 arbitrary points
                // probe 1
                float z_at_pt_1 = probe_pt(ABL_PROBE_PT_1_X, ABL_PROBE_PT_1_Y, Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING, 0, verbose_level);

// probe 2
                float z_at_pt_2 = probe_pt(ABL_PROBE_PT_2_X, ABL_PROBE_PT_2_Y, current_position[Z_AXIS] + Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS, 0, verbose_level);

// probe 3
                float z_at_pt_3 = probe_pt(ABL_PROBE_PT_3_X, ABL_PROBE_PT_3_Y, current_position[Z_AXIS] + Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS, 0, verbose_level);

clean_up_after_endstop_move();

set_bed_level_equation_3pts(z_at_pt_1, z_at_pt_2, z_at_pt_3);

free(plane_equation_coefficients);
                free(eqnAVector);
                free(eqnBVector);

#endif // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

Thank you for the code Roxy. If I don't retract between probe points, I'm concerned the hot end will drag across the glass build surface if everything is not perfectly leveled to begin with.

Do you have any suggestions to prevent this from happening?

No... It is kind of the opposite. The Z-Probe is lower than the nozzle when it is deployed. The nozzle will stay Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER above the bed during the whole probing sequence.

Oh sorry, let me explain my setup. I'm using the hot end nozzle tip to tap the bed which triggers fsr's attached to the underside of the bed to fire off just like a probe. So my x, y and z offsets are 0 because the tip of the nozzle is the probe. This is why I think I need retraction between probe points. Please let me know your thoughts.

No. You don't need 'retraction'. That is just what it is called when you have a servo kick down the probe leg. Or actually... When it brings the probe leg back up. What you want to do is make sure you have some amount of Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBING, Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING and Z_RAISE_AFTER_PROBING defined. That will still happen.

We don't have to make the change like I suggested. The .ZIP file you sent only had a .txt file which was Marlin_main.cpp renamed in it. If you .ZIP up the entire code base and attach it, I can take a quick look and figure out why you are getting that compile time error and actually make a more surgical fix to your file.

Hi Roxy, attached are my Marlin files for you to work your magic.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by inventabuild; 12-16-2015 at 06:23 PM.

You deleted some stuff that caused mis-matched braces. Attached is a Marlin_main.cpp that I believe is correct for you. But you still have other problems now in the U8 graphics library.

Probably the thing to do is save your current configuration.h, configuration_adv.h and this marlin_main.cpp file. Download a fresh copy of BeckDac and drop those saved files on top of it. And then see if it compiles clean and loads on your board.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Awesome, thank you. And just so I don't mess it up, when you say drop those saved files on top, do you mean copy the text in my files and paste it over the text in the respective tabs of the Beckham version of Marlin?
    Last edited by inventabuild; 12-17-2015 at 03:24 PM.

It worked, I'm probing three points. Thank you. I expect to have an interesting auto bed leveling modification working within a week. I will post to your website when it's good to go.

Sorry for the slight of topic question: how is ur z-nut fixed?
    I mean in the sence of wobbling and excat positionin of the z-axis during printing? As it is constantly moving up and down ...

BR
    Manuel

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast