Close

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Alternatively, is it worth a shot to cherry pick lines from the version at your link and add them to my existing version of Marlin? If so, which lines?

Thank you Roxy. We cross posted, I just read your last response. I was hoping I could just change a few lines, but it sounds like it's better to use the latest version and copy over the #define values. I'll give it shot.
    Last edited by inventabuild; 12-08-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Hello Roxy, it worked like a charm. Thank you.

One last sticking point though. I also tried working with the AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID and whether I put in a value of 2 or 5 for #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS Marlin always probes 9 points. How do I get Marlin to vary the number of probe points, for example how do I get Marlin to probe only the four corners?

Quote Originally Posted by inventabuild View Post
    Hello Roxy, it worked like a charm. Thank you.

One last sticking point though. I also tried working with the AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID and whether I put in a value of 2 or 5 for #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS Marlin always probes 9 points. How do I get Marlin to vary the number of probe points, for example how do I get Marlin to probe only the four corners?
    Snicker... Snicker... You need to look at the code! That #define sets how the firmware is built and allocates storage for what it is going to do. Setting it to 5 allows up to a 5x5 grid to be probed. But usually, people don't want to do that. So the default (if you don't tell it how many points to do) is 3. Even a 3x3 grid takes a bit of time and a lot of people don't want to wait that long. Just because you allocate the storage to handle a 5x5 grid, it won't do that unless you tell it to do that. Give it a G29 n 5 T and you will get the full detail grid printed for what your bed looks like.

Oh, so if I give it a G29 n 3 T will it calculate the surface using 9 points and if I give it a G29 n 5 T will it calculate the surface using 25 points.

Also, how does Marlin determine what the surface looks like. Does it use all the points I tell it to use with G29 n ? T to define a single least squares plane or does it break up the surface into many different planes? I thought I read about some firmware out there doing this or trying to do this.

Oh, so if I give it a G29 n 3 T will it calculate the surface using 9 points and if I give it a G29 n 5 T will it calculate the surface using 25 points.
    Yes. That is correct. But you can only go as high as you have allocated storage using that #define.

Also, how does Marlin determine what the surface looks like. Does it use all the points I tell it to use with G29 n ? T to define a single least squares plane or does it break up the surface into many different planes? I thought I read about some firmware out there doing this or trying to do this.
    In the Grid Based Bed Leveling, it will find the mean (average) of all the points and subtract that off of each point when doing the Topography report. That lets you easily see what is too high or too low and by how much. Independent of that, it will feed all the sampled points into a Least Square Fit algorithm to find the plane that most closely matches those points. The Mesh based leveling will do a bi-linear fit as it moves the nozzle from cell to cell. Soon, the Mesh based will have automatic sampling of the bed and it is possible the Delta's will be using the same bed leveling compensation that the Cartesian Mesh users are doing.

Hello Roxy,

When I comment out the AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID and try to upload the 3 point leveling to my TAZ I'm getting the following error message in Marlin_main.cpp $:

'retract_flag'was not declared in this scope

Please let me know how to declare this. Thank you.

Can you post your Marlin_main.cpp file? I'll take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Can you post your Marlin_main.cpp file? I'll take a look at it.
    Thanks. I did not modify Marlin_main.cpp, I only modified the configuration.h file. I'll post Marlin_main.cpp when I get home in a little bit.

Thanks. I did not modify Marlin_main.cpp, I only modified the configuration.h file. I'll post Marlin_main.cpp when I get home in a little bit.
    Hi Roxy, I attached my Marlin_Main as a zipped text file. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast