There were scores of new printers at Maker Faire NY again this year. The Disney Village had the CUBE Pro printing as well as the CUBE 3. These printers are set to hit the streets in a couple of weeks! While they are not in the hands of users yet, one of our buddies at 3D Systems let us play with one at our booth and I was really having a great time with it!

100_2644.jpg

OK, it has many features we do not like to see in our 3D printers, but I do not think CUBE is marketing their printers to us anyway.

100_2653.jpg

The Cube 3 is a dual color, cartridge fed small (6"x6"x6" print volume) desktop printer. Each filament cartridge has it's own nozzle. It will print both ABS and PLA, it uses something called Cube Glue to help prints stick to the platform. Had auto leveling and built in wi-fi and prints off of a thumb drive, wi-fi or USB printer cable. Had a full color operating display with touch screen.

OK, it was not as cool as the 18' tall Delta printer that was printing 3 foot tall vases, or Jetguy's 4 foot tall RepRap, but it was pretty darn neat!

100_2571.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

At $999.00 I think these things will be flying off the shelves at Staples for the holidays!