Close

Make Magazine Shootout Special Edition

This is from an email I received this morning from MAKE Magazine.

NOVEMBER 21, 2013

One year ago, MAKE released the inaugural Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing, highlighting in-depth reviews of 15 of the latest 3D printers. It was an incredible project, and we instantly knew we’d do it again.
    In the just-released Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing 2014, we’ve increased our test to 23 cutting-edge printers, including resin-based machines, deltabots, and fused filament fabricators that range from $300 to $3,000. It’s the most comprehensive 3D printing roundup review yet, and also includes printing projects, reviews of scanners and filament extruders, tips, notes, and more. Packed with the latest information, it's the perfect place to start on your rapid prototyping endeavors.

Mike Senese, MAKE Executive Editor

I have alerted potential buyers since September that this issue was coming out and recommended that they check it out as an aid to making a decision about which printers might be for them. I can tell you that the following machines are reviewed in this issue.

MakerBot Replicator 2, Ultimachine 2, Printerbot Simple, Bukito, Up Plus 2, Afinia, Cube 2, Up Mini, Form 1 (SLA/Resin Printer), B9 Creator (SLA/Resin Printer), Bukobot 8 v2, Lutzbot TAZ, Felix 2.0, Ditto+, Mini Kossel, Type A 2013 Series 1, Type A 2014 Series 1, Printerbot Plus, 3Dprinter4U Builder, Airwolf 3D, Leapfrog Creatr, MendelMax 2.0, Solidoodle 3rd Generation, and MBot Cube II.

If your next printer is on this list, I suggest you read the issue to see how it ranked in the review.

John

disclaimer: I do not work for MAKE Magazine or receive any thing from them, however, my son was one of the volunteer testers.

Last edited by JohnA136; 11-21-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: disclaimer

It was a nice edition....we are proud that our printer performed well ! Although we recently made some major upgrades to it.