Close

Maker Faire NY -Friday Set Up

Here at Maker Faire, lots of interesting 3D Printers showing up. From the tiny Printrbot to Jetguy's Colossal Printer. We decided to bring 5 of our printers to the show, a PRUSA Mendel i3, a Simple Printrbot, a Kossel Delta, our Ultimaker 2 and a new CUBE 3 (beta). I took some photos of people setting up, will get to the commercial Make Pavilion today. The Paella Dinner last night was awesome and everyone was talking about the premier of the 3D Printing Movie! Have not run into any 3D Printboard members yet? Where is everyone?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/344139...7647745907236/
    Last edited by JohnA136; 09-22-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Engineer
    Well john i spent an hour driving around the city just trying to park. The lots were full and they are directing people all over the place. Im already goin crazy. I hate the city. Anyway i finally parked and am getting on the shuttle to the show now.

Was great meeting you and putting a face to your handle. Glad you made, it was crazy busy all day. It had to beat last year's attendance. Here are a few pics from Saturday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/344139...7647424150247/
    Last edited by JohnA136; 09-22-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Engineer
    nice john! glad to finally meet you as well. i looked at your pics and got a chuckle of the one showing the main area with all the tents and there is not a single person there. i only see it with thousands of people walking around. the show was definitely a mob scene. for some reason it seems like there are less printer manufacturers there this year. maybe its just me though since i didnt see anything really earth shattering. seems like the same printers.... except jetguys monster. i guess we see about every new printer posted here on the board first anyway.

Saturday Night we had showers so that meant a clean up on Sunday Morning starting at 6am. Luckily, this is not our first rodeo so I brought a tarp for at night! I told my son I may be getting too old for these 32 hour weekends?

It was cloudy most of Sunday but that did not keep the crowds away! We had people three deep most of the day! If you missed the show, you missed seeing a lot of really neat stuff. 3D Printing highlights had to be the 18' tall Kossel Delta Printer! The Ultimaker booth was my favorite setup The New CUBE 3 and CUBE Pro were there and printing! MakerBot had an interactive booth where kids were "painting" their own prints! The Human Mousetrap is always fun to watch. Robots, 3D Printed Cars, Dragons, Musicians, Hot Wheels Race Track, Craft Fair, Outragous Food Trucks, the best and biggest Paella in the world, this show had it all!

Too many KickStart projects to list. DREMEL had a big display with their rebranded printer that will be in Home Depots soon! CONGRATS to Jetguy and all the other artists who won EDITORS CHOICE Awards.

On a personal note, we were the only booth to have 5 different 3D Printers printing all day every day! We would have loved to have more but we could fit so many of our personal printers in our car. BUILDTAK was nice enough to outfit two of our printers with their new surface film. It basically eliminates the need for blue tape, Kapton, Glue Sticks and heated beds. We were using it outside in an open, dusty, windy, humid environment and it worked great! If you are having trouble with your prints sticking to your print bed, give this stuff a try!

Here is a link to the last set of pictures I took.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/344139...7647490093128/