Close

QU-BD Two-Up setup

I've heard people are having problems frying their printboard. I have the red board and Im not sure if i should use the 220v or 110v setting on the PSU. Can anyone help me? Also does it not matter which slot the wires go in for the heated bed, the fan, and both the thermistors?

Let me know if you need more info to help me, thanks for any help!

The power setting for your PSU is determined by the voltage supplied by your power company. In the USA, this is 110v (In Australia it is 240V). Set your PSU to 110V. If you set it to 240V, you will not get the correct voltage output you require. There is a little bit of circuitry on the board that transforms the 110V AC to 12V DC which is what is required to power your board.

Check this out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...3d-print/posts

It does not matter which way you insert the wires for the heated bed and the thermistors as these are simply resistors in a circuit and do not care which way the electrons flow. However, you have to see which way your fan has to turn to make it blow or draw air in the direction you require. You won't fritz your fan if you wire it and it runs the opposite way to what you want. A tip is to see which side of the fan centre the name sticker is on. Fans usually blow away from the sticker.

When you do get around to wiring in your components, make sure that the wires are inserted in a pleasing and eye-catching pattern

By the way, the assembly manual for your printer is the best designed and presented one I have ever seen. Good on you QU-BD!

Old Man Emu
    Last edited by old man emu; 09-19-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks so much for your help! As you can tell I'm a bit of a newbie at making electronics. And I guess I have a bit of blind luck, putting together the whole thing was as easy as building Lego's! Except for the electronics, but that's only because it;s my first time working with such small components.

I have everything wired up and ready to go!

I plugged in my PSU and I have the GREEN indicator!

BUT here's another snag Ive come to. With my PSU plugged in, I started to plug in my printerboard, but I noticed that when the contacts get close they begin to spark! I don't know if this is normal, or if I wired something wrong. I do have a special note, however. My printerboard is a little bit different than the one in the directions (attached picture). In the directions, the clip is on the right, but on my board its on the left. So I wired it according to the side the clip is on. Is that okay, or should I have followed the diagram and just ignored that my clip is on the wrong side?
    Power problem.jpg
    Again, thanks for your quick response and thorough help!

I saw a picture of the red and black boards together. Please see if you can locate it and post it so I can find the differences.

OME

Here's the image. It clears everything up for me! Thanks so much!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t/posts/945484

I really hope i didnt fry my board the first time, as I have a red LED status indicator on the board :/

Hopefully other people will benefit from this thread!

The Truth is out there, Scully, all you have to do is fire up your search engine.

OME