Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes Mai, you bring up a key element of all this which is that no one solution to the problem exists. We need a range of alternatives, each better suited for one environment than another. One person mentioned that folks who live in and/or near wooded areas will not receive much sunlight so we reasoned that they could burn the wood to cleanse their water. It's a renewable resource in abundance in their area so should be OK. Some of these solutions will involve 3d printing as part of the development or production process, while others will not.

I'm glad to see that so many people have gotten involved and are thinking about so many different alternatives! I hope to keep up with the progress of this project, and just want to thank you again for coming up with such a nifty invention that can really do a lot of good in the world =)

awww, ty Mai! Reading words like that really does make it all worthwhile...

Les

Quote Originally Posted by LesterCHall View Post
    . And if you come up with a good one like your robo-hand-claw (love that one), they might even write up an article about it.
    Beat ya' to it Les
    Eddie gave me an amazing write-up a couple weeks ago, here; http://3dprint.com/14242/3d-printed-wolverine-hand/
    Last edited by AxisLab; 09-21-2014 at 07:49 PM.

I just read that one, Axis. The photo with the child wearing it is telling - he's got this grin and this sideways glance that conveys what he is thinking very well!

Actually i feel we are entering a time where anyone with or without a disability will augment some set of components of themselves, giving them super-hero-like powers. like wearing magnets on rings to sense magnetic fields, or those tennis contact lenses that make the ball stand out by color. Shoes with bonus stride and bounce for walking the town (those have been around for some time) or even third hands that basically are a third hand for carrying more groceries or whatever, an assistive hand for the abled...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12