Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

New Dremel 3D Printer is a FlashForge Dreamer

For those that didn't see. Dremel just announced a new 3D Printer (http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...inter-Launches). If you think it looks familiar, that's because it is. It's the Flashforge Dreamer rebranded.

Funny, my son sent me a picture of it this morning. Right after he viewed the premier of the New 3D printing film. I have to wait until tomorrow at 3:00 to see it. Maker Faire, here we come!

Can you use any brand of ABS/PLA, or do they require proprietary spools?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    For those that didn't see. Dremel just announced a new 3D Printer (http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...inter-Launches). If you think it looks familiar, that's because it is. It's the Flashforge Dreamer rebranded.
    Rebranded and one less extruder. Looks interesting, wish they would let some files sliced by Makerware print. The one size fits all approach isn't very good when you are trying out new filaments. One setting I like in particular is the support distance. Stock the support distance is too close and it makes it hard to remove. There are all kinds of other settings I tweak out also.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by roguesqd View Post
    Can you use any brand of ABS/PLA, or do they require proprietary spools?
    The spools aren't cartridges or anything like that.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    It's a shame they used the dreamer case, from what I have read (and was going to buy one) they are problematic and quite flimsy casings, and also after having a normal flashforge I would prefer a machine that I can access easily, having it all enclosed in a case for me is painful.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It's a shame they used the dreamer case, from what I have read (and was going to buy one) they are problematic and quite flimsy casings, and also after having a normal flashforge I would prefer a machine that I can access easily, having it all enclosed in a case for me is painful.

Ya, being Dremel they wanted some sort of finished machine look. The other machines aren't nearly as "professional" looking, even though they are built better. I like the fact they put a single extruder only. Much less problems and faster prints will result since there is less weight swinging around by almost 1/2.

Engineer-in-Training
    Doesn't the Dreamer case up up?