Close

Desperate need of help on my printer!! Please help!

Hi , so I recently bought a Pegasus Touch 3d sla printer and have encountered major printing issues.
    I am using this to rapid prototype things for my classes in architecture school ( I am currently at the Southern California Institute of Architecture).
    So far I have leveled the vat and set the build plate homing very precisely; I am on my 8th print now and I am experience constant fails .... the print starts out fine then half way i see some supports are gooey or wiggly ... then I see some gooey resin being raised each layer on the model ( I suspect this is semi cured resin ????) after a while I notice that the resin starts to be cured onto the vat and not the build plate !!!! this is happening every single time and idk what to do ... all the software is up to date , everything is calibrated and I am using the resin from the same company...

I need to print something 6x6x6 for monday and I am afraid I will run into the same problems .. someone help !

Below are some pics that describe what I am talking about .

KEVIN-ARC - WIN_20140918_132436.jpg123.jpg3.jpgKEVIN-ARC - WIN_20140918_132521.jpgKEVIN-ARC - WIN_20140918_132449.jpg

Technologist
    I just pm'd you with our info.

Staff Engineer
    It looks like those parts could benefit from a base - a flat foundation layer, usually about a mm thick, which extends well beyond the footprint of the part itself. That has a better chance of adhering to the build platform, and provides something for the model and any supports to stick to.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com