Close

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    I was not able to get th octopi.local to work for me either, but used the ip address in the address to access it. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx substitute the xxx's with your id address. I did read on this http://octoprint.org/download/ site that for windows you need to install "Bonjour for Windows" from apples site to be able to use octopi.local address.

Engineer-in-Training
    On a mac. How do I find the IP address of the PI?

Hopefully the web cam and iPad features will be easier to hook up once I get it connected.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    On a mac. How do I find the IP address of the PI?

Hopefully the web cam and iPad features will be easier to hook up once I get it connected.

do into your router and look into the dhcp section, it will tell you what the pi's ip address is

Technologist
    I do not know much about Macs. Someone that know Macs on here might be able to give a better answer, but this page references a way to find that ip address on a Mac by installing nmap & using that to find the ip address, http://www.raspberrypi.org/documenta.../ip-address.md I used a google search for "how to find the ip address of a raspberry pi on a mac" to find this page.

Engineer-in-Training
    Okay, I am now looking at my printer in Octoprint! However, i cannot print anything. I can move the printer around an everything but when I hit print, nothing happens. Can seem to figure out how to get things on the raspberry card and printing. Got some reading to do!

Technologist
    I had the best luck using Firefox & dragging & dropping the .gcode instead of using the upload button. I have not tried safari browser with it. Which browser are you using? I manually set the temperatures before starting my print, then under the Action column I click the load button which looks like a open folder icon. Then I hit the print button above the file names & it starts printing.

Engineer-in-Training
    Mine says sd card not initialized.

Mine says sd card not initialized.
    you need to upload locally, the sdcard upload is if you also have an sdcard in your sdcard reader on the display

Engineer-in-Training
    Realized that late last night. Still can't print. When I select a file from the file picker the progress bar goes up and then down. If I click print, nothing happens.

I also had an error show up the ONE time I was able to print something. I had a thermal runaway error and the printer shut off.

Realized that late last night. Still can't print. When I select a file from the file picker the progress bar goes up and then down. If I click print, nothing happens.

I also had an error show up the ONE time I was able to print something. I had a thermal runaway error and the printer shut off.
    Are you waiting for the printer to heat up? It takes several minutes after you hit print for it to reach the appropriate temperature. Until then, you won't see anything except the temperature graph change as the temperatures come up.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast