Close

UP Box 3D Printer by Tiertime

Well, Tiertime is at it again. The creators of two of the more popular printers on the market, the UP Mini, and UP Plus 2, is bringing to market their third machine, the UP Box. The Up Box is incredibly feature rich, with a large build volume, and a price of $1,899. More details on this new 3D printer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/15806/up-box-3d-printer-tiertime

Below are some of the basic specs for this new machine:

• Printer Size: 485 x 520 x 495 mm
    • Printer Weight: 20 kg
    • Build Envelope: 55 x 205 x 205 mm
    • Layer Resolution: Up to 0.1 mm (100 micron)
    • Filament Compatibility: 1.75mm ABS, and PLA

Here is a rendering of the UP BOX along with some of the features included:

Correction to the post above, build volume is 255x205x205 (LxlxH)

More infos for the french speaking guys out here : http://www.machines-3d.com/up-box-xml-351_362-1013.html
    Up Box will be 2015's best, pre-order your own for christmas

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    This is amazing! I was dreaming about it. I used Up Plus 2 until now and it worked great.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

I'm trying to decide between this and the Zortrax M200, anyone got any thoughts or has anyone seen/used the Up box?
    The quality of parts that come out of the Zortrax is excellent and the layer height goes down to 90 microns (soon to be 25!), also it is very reliable (you are only supposed to use their material with it which helps this, luckily it's not much more cost wise)

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Can't comment on the Zortrax M200 but I have seen the UP BOX. We are expecting this to start shipping in February and is only currently available for Pre-order. We saw it at the TCT show at the NEC in Birmingham UK last year and it looks good. UP! printers (PP3DP/TierTime) have a good reputation and I think that they want to hang on to this. Here are the specs:

• Technology: Melted Extrusion Manufacturing (MEM)
    • Print heads: Single extruder
    • Maximum creation size: 25.5 x 20.5 x 20.5 cm
    • Print surface: Heated, ABS surface
    • Layer thickness: 0.10/0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35/0.4mm
    • Untethered printing: Yes
    • Platform levelling: Fully automated
    • Supports: Smart Support Technology
    • Average operational noise: 51.7dB

Its RRP is £1,798.80

Hi there

Any updates on your new set? Any issues on its performance?
    Am planning to get one and any advice is helpful...

Thanks.

Talking About the Up Box

Quote Originally Posted by RADS View Post
    Hi there

Any updates on your new set? Any issues on its performance?
    Am planning to get one and any advice is helpful...

Thanks.
    This 3d printer is great !
    It had some minor annoying troubles so it didn't print very well at the beginning. I will explain here some of them so you don't have to cry nervous tears until the answer arrises:
    1st we destroyed the nozzle because the material entered between the nozzle and the heater block assembly and destroyed the twisting mechanism. Solved by purchasing another heater block assembly with a nozzle on it. Be very careful while cleaning it, any residue left can destroy the nozzle.
    2 We had a Nozzle too hot issue, the printer stopped mid-print. The white belt was not fastened strong enough, being loose some wires were touching each other causing a short - circuit. Solved by re - 3d printing the pieces and putting them into place.
    3 It has a difficulty in loading filament and the air printing occurs. Solution: We 3d printed the new extruder cover so the filament feeds from above + re-designed and printed a new spool holder. 3d printed a small tube and we attached it to the end of the bowden tube, otherwise the tube strangles the filament, killing the print.
    Le voila !
    Now it is working very good !
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol, so you've got to rebuild it before it'll work.

We are just... not lucky, I think. ) Up Plus 2 was the only one that worked perfectly since the beginning.

The prints with Up Box still have some problems, but at least... now it works. And we can print large parts with ABS almost without warping, which is great.

I was disappointed. Honestly.
    But after the horrors of Projet 1500 from 3D Systems, Up Box was a piece of cake. My patience seems to be increasing... not with age, but with the number of crazy 3D printers. ))
    Printare 3D Bucuresti