Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I have read that! Shouldn't be an issue I'm just using to make models, possible small parts and costume pieces. I think it will do perfect. I may find a home depot today that has instock and check out the display. I got such a deal in the solidoodle press its hard for me to cancel but with all the issues I read it makes me want to. I paid 400 and it supposedly auto levels the bed with a built in prob, prints both pla and abs, is self incased and also has a heated bed. Guess they are going to retail them for 699.

I really like how clean the dremel prints you have shown me look, also how nice the case is and the fact I don't need me PC always running to run a long print. I hate making decisions ahaha

Note to self: The translucent white does not have the same properties as the solid white. While the translucent white does fine for items that don't have a lot of area on the plate, it sort of sucks at items that do. I tried this wrench (got it from Thingverse) multiple times with the translucent white. I just could not, for the life of me, get all the surfaces to stick for the whole print time. Cleaned the bed, checked for level, changed the extruder temp. Nothing worked and this is the best I got. There were multiple tries of far, far worse.

20141116_173040.jpg

I started thinking maybe something else was up, but just to be sure, I tried the solid white. First try was golden.

20141116_172853.jpg

Here it is with the supports removed waiting for me to finish cleaning it up.

20141116_181636.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Heh, I tried two DaVincis before I gave up on them. Reading their warranty and the reviews, I'd say that DaVinci warrants the case for a year, and that's about it...

This is pretty different than the Dreamer, there is a reason the dreamer costs another 350 bucks. That said, I wouldn't buy the Dreamer if I had an extra 350, I'd go for the Pro. If I had the money (I started out with a budget of 500 *DaVinci* and upped it to 1000 even though that was more than I really had to spend), I'd have a Pro here right now...
    Great insight ssayer, thanks for sharing! I am surprised the DaVinci is not just a better option (also their Amazon reviews are ok but not stellar) since it is made by one of the main manufacturers of electronics in the world (Kinpo Group). Well I guess they could be the best in contract manufacture for other people's brands but that does not necessarily mean they can easily enter the consumer brand space. I really like the concept of their offering, I hope they do well for the sake of having good options/competition in the 3DP arena.
    As for the Dremel vs. Dreamer, do you know the key differences between these two that warrants the $350 pricetag gap? Thanks.

That's crazy that the print wouldn't work with the clear white compared to the regular white. These both dremel brand filaments? Maybe the one roll you got of the clear white is defective I have read about that happening to others with different filaments in the past. The quality with the plain white tho is amazing I'm digging it.

Bummed I didn't get a chance to get to a home depot today that had one in stock. I'm hoping possibly during the week I can get there and try and make up my mind between the solidoodle press and the dremel idea

Quote Originally Posted by ajperez View Post
    As for the Dremel vs. Dreamer, do you know the key differences between these two that warrants the $350 pricetag gap? Thanks.
    Two extruders vs. one extruder
    Open source software vs. Proprietary software
    Heated bed vs. non-heated bed
    ABS ,PLA, Others vs. PLA

That said, if you're considering the Dreamer... (IMHO) don't... the Creator Pro is the same price and is the better bang for the buck...

Quote Originally Posted by desertstriker8 View Post
    That's crazy that the print wouldn't work with the clear white compared to the regular white. These both dremel brand filaments? Maybe the one roll you got of the clear white is defective I have read about that happening to others with different filaments in the past. The quality with the plain white tho is amazing I'm digging it.

Bummed I didn't get a chance to get to a home depot today that had one in stock. I'm hoping possibly during the week I can get there and try and make up my mind between the solidoodle press and the dremel idea
    Yep, I'm only using Dremel brand until I'm 110% sure this is the one to keep...

It sounds like you got a heck of a deal with the solidoodle. TBH, I'm not up to snuff on it's specs (or reviews if there are any yet). It'd be hard to drop the deal without knowing for sure it's the thing to do...

That's how I feel, but after reading around on their forum there are lots of complaints on quality. Even tho they have completely gone with a different t design on the press. I'm thinking ill possibly wait for the press to come and if the quality of the product and print quality is good then I'll obviously keep. But if not then I'll go to a dremel idea builder or flashforge. Keep posting updates tho I love seeing your creations and info you have!

Well, if what I've been reporting really affects your decision making, be aware that I've returned mine to Home Depot.

I was completely honest with them in that I told them that while it printed with their included role of PLA really well, I bought a second role of one of Dremel's other colors (the translucent white) and had nothing but problems with it on anything over about 1-1/2" long. At the cost of their proprietary filament, which is double normal, how many other issues might I have with their PLA, and using anyone else's PLA voids Dremel's warranty. Add that to the fact that I've already come to the realization that I won't be happy printing only in PLA, and this is why it's going back. There were zero problem with returning it (other than having to wait for a manager to come sign off on it because it was over a grand *with tax*).

Good to know. I'm holding in on the Solidoodle Press seeing it has a heated bed and can print ABS and PLA. Want me to keep you updated once i get it? Just incase you don't know what i'm talking about here is a link, i got it during the lower price back in August.

http://www.solidoodle.com/Press

Looks neat. Be interesting to hear some real world comments when it comes out.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast