Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Still looks nice man

Still learning this model. Just discovered the advanced options (via the file→preference). A lot opens up when you select build. I'm liking their proprietary software a whole lot more now with these additional options!

I like how you can slice on the PC. Insert the SD card and let the printer go without having it connected up to a pc

Funny you mention that. I haven't connected it to the PC yet as I haven't seen/felt the need...

I hated when I had my printrbot simple metal that I had to leave my PC running while the print was running. This seems like a good feature. Have you had any issues importing things to print with the SD csrd? Any errors or items that won't print?

Also got a few other questions. Is the lighting inside changeable? Can you turn off or on and change color? Also how quite or loud is it with the door closed when its running
    Last edited by desertstriker8; 11-15-2014 at 04:46 PM.

No issues, just a matter of copying the file over to the SD card that the Dremel program built. I've printed 4 things (3 different things) since I last posted pics. All good.

The LEDs inside are bolted in, so you could change them if you want. For me, the white LEDs are all I need. They don't change color. I'm printing atm, so I'm not going to mess with it, but... I don't think you can turn the LEDs off.

The fans are louder than the stepper motors. It's not loud by any means, but it's not like you aren't going to hear it. I don't have a Decibel meter... I'd say about as loud as someone speaking with slightly quieter than what I'd call an "inside" voice. Not much help, I know, but... not sure how else to describe the sound level...

All of your info is helpful! I appreciate it very much. Post pictures of your most recent prints. The more I see and the more we talk it makes me not want to deal with solidoodle and cancel my press order and pay the extra cash for this!

What is the warranty on this unit? It's great that it has 24/7 support but I think it's only 90 days for Flashforge printers whereas it is 1 year for the DaVinci. I know this is rebranded as Dremel but I mention it just as a refernce. Now, so this unit it has exactly the same specs as the Flashforge Dreamer? Thanks for sharing!

Heh, I tried two DaVincis before I gave up on them. Reading their warranty and the reviews, I'd say that DaVinci warrants the case for a year, and that's about it...

This is pretty different than the Dreamer, there is a reason the dreamer costs another 350 bucks. That said, I wouldn't buy the Dreamer if I had an extra 350, I'd go for the Pro. If I had the money (I started out with a budget of 500 *DaVinci* and upped it to 1000 even though that was more than I really had to spend), I'd have a Pro here right now...

Quote Originally Posted by desertstriker8 View Post
    All of your info is helpful! I appreciate it very much. Post pictures of your most recent prints. The more I see and the more we talk it makes me not want to deal with solidoodle and cancel my press order and pay the extra cash for this!
    Well, if it's going to be me talking you in to getting it. Let me un-talk it up just a little. I can't un-talk it a lot, but... to me this is a biggie... it ONLY prints PLA. I don't know what your intended uses are but please make sure that only using PLA works with them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast