Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    That doesn't look too crazy. You have:

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 30
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -6.30
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -7.60

The depth perspective is difficult to access from the picture and video. But it looks like you have the origin in the back right corner. That means with the

#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -6.30

definition the probe should be further back than the nozzle by 6.3mm. Is that correct?

Technician
    yes thats correct

Quote Originally Posted by dollarz81 View Post
    Eeprom were undefined the whole time....oops. I turned them on and tried it. Still the same. Is the G92 command supposed to set the home position on eeprom?
    I just reviewed the G92 code. It does not save the settings to EEPROM. Can you explain why you are using the G92? It doesn't seem like you should need to use that. What happens when you try to print?

Technician
    I'm using the G92 code to save the X0 Y0 Z0 home position per zennmaster video. When I try to print, it prints about 8 mm above the bed.

Did you already G28 X0 Y0 Z0?

Edit: Maybe that is isn't relevant, but I always proceed every leveling operation with the G28 including Z0 so that there is an approximate baseline to begin with. Before I began doing this, the other probing commands might not find the bed and would complete a probing cycling without every finding a true Z0 and prints would just spaghetti into the air.

Technician
    Yes I always g28 before and after g29. It's when I do the first g28 after I set g92 that it looses the X0 Y0 Z0.

Quote Originally Posted by dollarz81 View Post
    Yes I always g28 before and after g29. It's when I do the first g28 after I set g92 that it looses the X0 Y0 Z0.
    This is wrong! The G28 sets the Bed Level Correction matrix to unity. You may as well not do a G29 if you are going to follow it with a G28.

And in fact, it is worse than that... I forget who was involved, but somebody said even hitting a 'Home' button in PronterFace would wipe out the matrix and reset it to unity. I added some code to print the matrix upon request just so I could verify if that was true. It was true. The PronterFace Home buttons do G28's with a specific axis and the first thing the G28 does is set that matrix to unity.

Technician
    Ok let go over the procedures to see if I'm missing something.

Make a point on the bed to set as home position.
    Manually put the nozzle to that point and enter G92 X0 Y0 Z0
    Manually put the Z probe to that exact point and enter M114 to get offset values....which are X-30 Y6.30 Z7.60.....enter these in Marlin as X30 Y-6.30 Z-7.60

Now when I enter G28 the nozzle moves to the back, right corner then returns to the original point, except x y z no longer 0. xyz are all off. When I manually find 0 it is in the back right corner. When I try to print it goes to the point I created but starts printing about 10mm above the bed.

I watched the video and you don't have the same issue I did. I noticed though that you don't have any zip ties on your Z motors. It might be a good idea to zip tie the tubing to the z motors and another zip tie for the tubing on the threaded rods. When the z motors warm up the tube can and often will slip. This is especially true with all the extra moving that the Z motors do with bed auto leveling.

Technician
    So do I start my print after the G29?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast