Close

Anycubic Vyper is suddenly extremely stringy

Hi, I am new to 3D printing and bought an anycubic vyper a few months ago. It has been working great, making really nice, clean prints. Today, however, it suddenly started printing horribly, making extremely stringy prints with lots of pock marks. I have not changed filament or any settings.

I've read that wet filament could cause problems like this, but my printer and filament have been in a closed room with a constantly-running dehumidifier this whole time, so the humidity has not changed and is never above 50%. I was using PLA+ but tried a role of regular PLA as well (was also stored in the same room) and it shows the same issues.

I tried printing a temperature tower and retraction distance tower (photos below), but both were awful at all temperatures and distances.

I'm really confused because nothing seems to have changed. I'm running the same filament in the same conditions on the same settings that I have been running. Any advice is appreciated. thanks.

A6509430.jpg
    A6509431.jpg

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Below is a tutorial on how to fix,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqHXkmRoLXA

Hi, nothing seems to be wrong with my hot end. I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting I need to do

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    When I have similar problems you are describing, I find that the PTFE tubing has deformed and needs to be replaced.

Pictures attached. Thought this may be causing your problems.

Nozzle & Heat Break.jpg