Close

Exclamation Seeking Help with Monoprice Maker Select V2 After Y-axis Limit Switch Repair

Hello everyone,
    I'm currently grappling with a challenging issue on my Monoprice Maker Select V2 and would appreciate any advice or insights this community can offer.

Printer and Issue Overview
    Printer Model: Monoprice Maker Select V2
    Original Bed Size: 205x205 mm
    Recently, I had to repair the Y-axis limit switch on my printer. This repair, unfortunately, led to a shift in the home position by approximately 4 cm towards the front (south) of the bed, effectively reducing the printer's usable area.

The Problem
    The primary issue arising from this is that the extruder travels too far south when it's in its southmost position, going off the bed and causing misalignment in prints. This situation is quite tricky since the bed's southmost position now extends beyond the build plate.

Goals and Attempts to Resolve
    Goal: To recalibrate or adjust the printer to recognize the new reduced printing area and prevent the extruder from going off the bed.

What I’ve Done So Far:
    Modified Bed Size in PrusaSlicer: I tried adjusting the bed dimensions in PrusaSlicer, but it didn’t quite resolve the issue.
    Boundary Tests with Custom G-code: I've been using custom G-code to test the print area boundaries. However, the nozzle still extends off the bed in the southmost position.
    Here's the G-code I’ve been using:
    Code:
    G28 ; Home all axes
    G90 ; Use absolute positioning
    G1 Z5 F500 ; Raise the nozzle 5mm
    G1 X0 Y30 F1500 ; Start Y-axis further south
    G1 X0 Y170 F1500 ; Adjust northern limit
    G1 X205 Y170 F1500
    G1 X205 Y30 F1500
    G1 X0 Y30 F1500 ; Return to start
    Attached is an image showing the bed's southmost position while running the above G-code. It appears the extruder is still going beyond the build plate. I believe my G-code accounts for the bed’s new limit, but I might be missing something.

Guidance
    I'm particularly interested in:
    Mechanical Adjustments: Could there be some additional mechanical tuning needed to align the printer with the reduced area?
    Slicer and G-code Refinement: How can I better tweak my PrusaSlicer settings or the G-code to address this misalignment? ( I would preferably rather change this than make a mechanical adjustment )
    Understanding Directional Reference: In the attached image, the ‘south’ refers to the bottommost side, aligning with the direction where the limit switch alteration took place, leading to a decreased printing perimeter.

I greatly appreciate your time and any help you can provide to navigate this issue!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by caarsonr; 04-08-2024 at 07:34 PM.