Close

Thread: Newbie Question

Student

Question Newbie Question

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and new to 3D printing. Recently bought a Bambulab X1 Carbon and have been playing around with it over the past few days. Mostly successful prints on easy models, but having a bit of difficulty when taking on more complex models with bed adhesion. I wanted to ask What is the main purpose of using glue on the bed? is it to help with the print adhering to the bed? or more to help with model removal at the end of the print?

Second Question, can I print without using any glue whatsoever?
    Last edited by Defratos; 03-15-2024 at 03:40 PM.

I just did a quick google for 3d printing bed adhesion issues and this one should answer all your questions
    https://all3dp.com/2/3d-printer-bed-...-need-to-know/

Student
    Thanks mate, greatly appreciated. I realised I was using too much glue, I decided to try no glue at all and got perfect bed adhesion and didn't face any issues removed the print from the bed. For reference I am only use PLA at the moment and the bed plate is a textured plate (also heated) so realised it works fine without any glue for the Filament I am currently using. Thanks for the help.

Technologist
    Congrats on the 1X. I have a P1P and have yet to open a glue stick. The build plate has been awesome all by itself and I have had zero printer related failures. The failures I have had have been 100% my fault (bad models).