Close

Ender 3 S1 Pro - Nozzle Collides with Infill on Taller Prints

Hello fellow 3D printing enthusiasts,I'm experiencing a persistent issue with my Ender 3 S1 Pro, which is currently running the latest firmware and utilizes the Creality Sonic Pad as the interface. The printer is stock, with no modifications.Issue Description:As my prints increase in height, I'm encountering a problem where the nozzle starts dragging across the printed infill. This issue is not pronounced in shorter prints but becomes increasingly problematic with taller prints, leading to prints being knocked off the bed or layer shifting due to the nozzle collisions. It appears as though the Z-step height is slightly insufficient, specifically on infill layers.Temporary Solutions:Manually reducing the flow rate from 100% to about 85% as the print progresses. This is not ideal.Using 100% infill mitigates the issue but is not a practical solution due to material wastage.Steps Taken:Multiple calibrations of the e-steps have been performed with consistent results, indicating no need for adjustment.A thorough physical examination of the printer has been done, including belt adjustments, but no mechanical issues were detected.The nozzles have been switched (both are 0.4mm), yet the problem persists.A complete factory reset of the firmware was executed, followed by a re-installation of the Sonic Pad, with no resolution of the issue.Various models and calibration prints from different slicers were tested, leading me to suspect a hardware-related problem.I seek insights or suggestions on what might be causing this issue and how to resolve it. Could this be related to a Z-axis mechanical component, specific firmware calibration settings, or something else?I appreciate any advanced advice or insights you may be able to provide.Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Super Moderator
    There should be a setting in your slicer that tells the extruder not to travel over printed parts.
    That might help.

I have played with this setting a bit. It slows things down some and wasn't necessary until this problem started cropping up so I was hoping to find out what the problem could be.