Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Add jtice on Thingiverse

Looking for some decent Glow in the Dark Filament

Title says it all, just looking for recommendations on Glow in the Dark filament.
    PLA or ABS

Thanks

Banned
    Add jtice on Thingiverse
    Looks nice but Im in the US, would rather order from somewhere in the states.

Technician

I got some glow in the dark from Matt at PrintedSolid.com. He is located in Delaware and ships very quickly! It is the ColorFabb and works great. He has a lot of neat "alternative" filaments.

You can try this one http://www.3d2print.net/shop/product...-green-1-75mm/. This was our main material last year when we 3D printed Jack-O lanterns for our trick or treat party.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Honest opinions, from someone who has tried several glow filaments, best suggestion?

I have tried many but the glow is less than satisfactory when compared to photos. The stuff glows bright sure when it's been given alot of light, but the glow charge does not last very long in it. Is there a better way to print it to improve the glow? I have only ever bought glow ABS, for no othe reason its all i've found to buy, and so far all of them have the same issue, and yeah they do glow but not all that brightly. The only thing that is bright is the roll of filament in the dark, but that's before it's extruded so I was wondering if maybe it was the way I was using it that was losing the glow, or does that just happen?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I've got some blue glow filament from 3dfilaprint.com It's okay.
    Not bright, but in a dark room it's noticeable.

The roll glows bright because there's a lot of it. Given that the average model is only a few grams - that's why it's not as bruight as the whole roil. It's just the sheer mass of the photopolymer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast