Close

Horizontal delamination? Don't really know what to call it...

I am working with an upgraded Ender 3 V2 running Klipper with a Sonic Pad. I recently started getting a problem and not only do I not remember any change that could have affected this, but I dont even know what the heck to call it to do a search! LOL!

It looks like the horizontal layers are not sticking to each other. If you were to print a circle, you could peel off the outside layers one at a time like an onion.

1-2.jpg1-1.jpg1-3.jpg

This is an object I have printed on this printer before, with the Sonic Pad attached. The previous ones that I printed and did not have this issue were sliced in Cura, and this was printed from that same slice. I have also sliced in Orca Slicer with similar results so I do not believe it is a slicer setting.

Changes I have made are I switched out the glass print bed for a textured PEI one (Creality), added a second Z screw (Creality kit), added a second print cooling fan and dual-duct cover, and upped the print speed (35mm/s on first and top layers, 60mm/s inner and outer walls, 120mm/s on infil).

Any suggestions, hints, or vague directions to go would be VERY MUCH appreciated.
    Last edited by Flea77; 01-15-2024 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Increase clarity, add more information

After ripping the hot end apart, cleaning and inspecting everything, and then reassembling it, I think I found the issue. Something had changed the extruder rotational distance from the 23.7 it should be, to 36 or so. I am a little curious about what changed it as it sure was not me (not intentionally anyway) and there is no one else with access to the printer who even knows how to turn it on. Oddly enough, the rest of the print looked good, only the horizontal delamination (I'm using that term until someone tells me a better one) on the outer walls. Now the print still looks good, but the walls are stuck together as they should be. I have seen under extrusion before but never that ONLY seemed to affect the outer walls. Weird.I will keep an eye out and if this doesn't fix it I will post back.