Close

Something wrong here with my new FFCPro

I'm hoping that someone can help. All of a sudden I am having problems printing. The extruder is extruding, my print is sticking to the heated bed, but it's like the extruder gets a command to just go back and forth in a loop.

I tried gcode produced by both Simply3d and ReplicatorG, I tried multiple different items to print. Same results.

Here's a youtube.com link to my situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpRe...ature=youtu.be

Hi. Yep that belt is way too loose.
    I will go out on a limb here and say it's slipped on the carriage under the extruder heads.
    As this is not one continuos belt.
    My money is on the fact,that belt tension holds the small pulley tight in the housing. But I may be very wrong on that, one of our more learned colleagues will no doubt speak up on this.

did you figure out the problem, I had the same problem and I disassembled my extruder motor to get to the belt and found that the plate that holds the belt was broken, so it wasn't keeping my belt tight, therefore just printing everywhere. I am waiting for the part so I hope that is all that was wrong with it. can you share ur fix thanksbroken belt tension.jpg

Student
    I agree with Steve, the X axis belt is definitely flopping around.
    Same thing happened to me.
    On the FFCx, you access the clamp screws from underneath the extruder carriage (found that out after pulling the extruders)
    The clamps are on top, underneath the rear of the extruders
    You don't necessarily need to remove the extruders, but it's a bit easier to see what's going on with them removed.
    Might initially want a mirror to see the two small black screws that hold the two belt clamps underneath, towards the rear of the extruder assembly.
    A pair of curved forceps &/or assistant helps to keep the top part of the belt snug as you re-tighten the clamp/screw
    Again, just tighten one of the screws(ie: make sure it's not loose), loosen the other a bit, pull the belt tight from up top & then tighten the loosened screw at the same time
    Hope that makes sense?

Senior Engineer
    It's a seriously crap design that. Mine now looks like this and it no longer slips.20141007_141522.jpg

When re-attaching or replacing the belts, how do you adjust the printer after?

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
    When re-attaching or replacing the belts, how do you adjust the printer after?
    There is nothing to adjust. Once the belt is changed it re-homes when powered on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    There is nothing to adjust. Once the belt is changed it re-homes when powered on.
    Ah, clever Thanks