Close

Looking for a good all around printer

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I have been running an AnyCubic Mega X for quite a while now. It's a decent enough machine but I am doing a lot of printing for work and now I am looking for one for the company to purchase to leave there and print whenever I need to. So it will be on the company's dime, but we're not looking to spend a fortune. Honestly I only print things sporatically (maybe once or twice a week). The Mega X has a good bed size for what we do and I definitely don't want to go smaller than that. I almost exclusively print with PLA. I'm looking for suggestions on new machines. It sounds like the new ones print a fair amount faster. I'm running mine around 70-80mm/sec. I'm seeing a lot of 200-300 mm/sec advertised. That speed would definitely come in handy. I would need to keep it under $800 for sure, preferably less. I'm all ears. Thanks.

I just pulled the plug on my first printer and ordered a Bambu Lab A1. been looking into getting one to see what I can create for the past few years. Bambu Lab A1 can be purchased alone or as a combo with the AMS lite which allows you to print multi color (4 color) prints. there is also a Bambu Lab A1 Mini which is identical in every way to the A1 except in build plate max size the A1 is 256 x 256 x 256 mm³ the A1 mini is180 x 180 x 180 mm³ thats the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by redtractorlvoer View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of 200-300 mm/sec advertised. That speed would definitely come in handy. I would need to keep it under $800 for sure, preferably less. I'm all ears. Thanks.
    HAHAHAHAHAH yeah max travel speed when dong a non printing move maybe.. My antient Makergear M2 does that, does not mean you can actually lay down plastic at that rate and get a useable part! If you want to print faster look into larger nozzles with taller wider layers.. If the machine you have at home is doing what you need and has been dependable, just get another one. You can only singing molten plastic so fast, don't believe the marketing bullshit or paid YouTube promotors..