Close

Super Moderator

Qidi printers, spares not available

I have a Qidi X-CF pro for which I need a new hardened steel nozzle, the only places that have them will not ship to the UK !!

After finally getting this printer to produce decent prints I now find that I cannot buy a spare nozzle for the all metal high temp hot end, the nozzle has a 7mm thread and a 2mm bore, all the ones I can find have a 4mm bore to take a Teflon tube.

Why sell printers in the UK but not make spares available ?
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 12-16-2023 at 11:41 AM.

Super Moderator
    My first port of call was Qidi, but all I can get are links to Aliexpress and a Chinese Ebay site, neither of which ship to the UK.
    If there was a UK distributor I think that would probably sort the spares problem.

Qidi have very good after sales help, but if parts are needed there are none obtainable if you live in the UK.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 12-16-2023 at 11:39 AM.

Super Moderator

Problem solved...

I had to resort to using the high temp extruder that came with the Qidi X-CF pro because I print ASA and the normal extruder is not suitable for nozzle temps in the 250-260 degree region.....the teflon tube fails.

The high temp extruder takes hardened MK10 nozzles with 2mm filament bore. I read somewhere that hardened steel nozzles are not very good for more normal filaments and tend to clog because of friction in the nozzle. This was happening to me.

Brass MK10 nozzles with just a 2mm filament bore are not available, only 4mm bore.

My solution has been to convert the normal extruder to an all metal heatbreak and use the normal MK8 brass nozzle that comes with the extruder.

Done about 10 hours of printing now without any problem Using the same reel of ASA filament that was unusable with the hardened steel nozzle.