Close

Student

Multi-resin printing with the Peachy Printer

Here is the development thread of a community project to print in multiple resins for the same print. Anyone who wishes to weigh in, feel free to!
    http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?18...062#msg-249062

This is definitely something I'd love to see come to the Peachy Printer. One color is boring in my opinion.

Student
    I agree. If you have any questions or comments (or even skepticism) feel free to say so.

Engineer-in-Training
    I saw the video posted in the other thread ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5FcT...ature=youtu.be ) and I am wondering about how one would go about spinning the raft. Motor mounted under the top reservoir?

Student
    Actually, I don't know why I didn't think of that :P Here I was, trying to fit the electronics onto the raft, when obviously this would be more ideal.

I'll make sure to mention this in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    I am wondering about how one would go about spinning the raft. Motor mounted under the top reservoir?
    Awesome idea. Hopefully they utilize it. Definitely makes more sense than spinning the raft LOL

Technologist
    For a start, I think that the easiest thing to do would be to just have maybe six 'print containers' all sharing the same water supply but each one with a different resin in it. Build the parts individually and glue them together afterwards. This requires only a few extra water containers, and no 'active' hardware.

The Peachy design makes this very easy because you can print the parts together simultaneously - the laser can reach all of the containers and print different parts in each one with no extra user input.

With an FDM printer, you'd have to do one part, remove it from the bed, swap filaments, do the second part, remove it from the bed, swap filaments, do the third part, remove it from the bed, swap filaments, etc. That would take ages.