Close

Ender 3 V2 - Sonic Pad

Hi All, I've been having this weird issue with my prints as of late on one out of two of my ender 3 v2's.

The machine has a CR-Touch and Direct extrusion (Creality official) upgrade as well as upgraded bed springs.I recently picked up a sonic pad to make printing a little easier and faster but seem to be encountering issues. I have everything setup and im able to run prints from the pad or from the web but it seems the Cura Profile they ask you to setup makes the prints look horrible even at slow/stock speeds.

I switched to an old ender 3 profile I had before and that makes the prints look marginally better but there are still issues again at slow/stock speeds.

I've tried everything under the sun, every adjustment possible and I'm running out of ideas. Homing and leveling all work perfectly fine.

Ender 3 v2 board version is 4.2.2

-adjusted flow rates up and down
    -adjusted belts, screws and all mechanical parts
    -changed nozzles
    -adjusted temps
    -dried filament in sunlu dryer overnight
    -new filament
    -different cura profiles
    -adjusted retraction rates, speed
    -attached the sensor and ran the measuring resonances function

Cura Version is the most recent at 5.4.0

Top is the NEW printer profile and new profile added to Cura while the bottom is the old printer and old pla profileThis front and back is with the OLD printer profile and OLD Cura settingsThis is front and back with NEW printer added to cura and new print profile (sonic pad settings)
    Last edited by thebrochan; 10-04-2023 at 06:01 PM.

Just a quick update.

The culprit was z-hop. Somehow it was enabled in the two profiles I kept using. Prints are now way better but there is still some Z-banding happening.

I reverted back to the original firmware I had, pulled the Z-Screw, cleaned and greased it. Made sure the shaft of the motor and the screw aren't touching the middle of the coupler.

I did the PID tuning for the hot end and bed and then redid my e-steps. Still the same issue with the minor z-banding.

Rollers are all clean and they seem to be moving smoothly. nothing overly tight or too loose.

Also added one additional bed clip (glass bed)

For what its worth I do not have the issue on my other ender 3 v2 which is setup the exact same way. Im able to print at 70mm/s on that one with 0 issues.

Heres the most recent one: