Close

Will TPU stick to TPU at room temp.?

I don´t have a 3d-printer at hand but it would be SOOOOOO helpful if anyone out there could test this scenario: Print a chunk of TPU (maybe 30*10mm) on top of a flat piece of TPU (just at normal room temp. and a height of 5mm) to see if it would stick. I´m working in a timing belt-department, where we are looking for a solution that aims to 3d-print cleats on top of a fixated timing belt belt. The sticking thing is really the question here.
    Last edited by rvj2806; 09-15-2023 at 02:38 AM. Reason: measurements

and 30mm in height.

Super Moderator
    From looking at the price of TPU, which is anything from £40-£102 per kilo reel and the time and energy cost to produce what you want for your commercial product experiment, perhaps you should offer to cover the costs involved in producing it.
    That would be SOOOOOO helpful !

You had a reply to your inquiry yesterday that basically said it would be unlikely to be a success.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 09-15-2023 at 04:39 AM.

from what i can see TPU starts at 20£. And even a tiny drop of it on top of TPU at room temp. would do. And btw - the replysaid ´maybe´, not unlikely. And if it´ll ´maybe´stick why should i call it off? I´m not ordering anyone to do it. If they have an interest in experimenting with materials or has done it and know about it, i would love to hear. If you arent being helpful and feel the urge to mock my inquiry, you may just ignore it.

Super Moderator
    The previous reply did say maybe, it also said it would not stop on, which makes it a pretty pointless waste of time doing it.

Okay, just so I understand the situation, you work in the timing belt department of a commercial company and you want someone to make something for you FOC as an experiment just to gain the experience.
    Just wondering if you also work for nothing for the experience just to benefit the company you work for ?

Perhaps you could buy yourself a 3D printer and take up 3D printing as a hobby, that way you will be able to experiment with materials first hand and gain all that valuable experience yourself.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 09-15-2023 at 10:34 AM.

If it doesn´t concern you, and you don´t want to help me out, you can just ignore the inquiry. - It´s pretty simple. Have a nice day.

Why not just buy a 3d printing pen, a small roll of TPU and try it on the timing belt yourself
    https://www.amazon.com/MYNT3D-Profes...71682722&psc=1

Yes, that is indeed a possibility, but before I go there, I'll check in here, too see if anyone knows the answer from experience

Thanks for the suggestion