Close

Question Anycubic Kobra 2 Pro VS Elegoo Neptune 4 (For a 3D printing noob)

Hello! I am looking to get my first 3D printer and I don't know what to choose, and i also cannot find the exact specs of these 2 printers I need a something that can produce a smooth piece (I think it needs to have a smaller layer thickness, correct me of I'm wrong), while still having a big print bed. I think these 2 here are the best options, that fit in my budget. I'd like to pritn figures and stuff (not too small tho) and morse, useful things (replacement parts, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by CocoIsShy View Post
    Hello! I am looking to get my first 3D printer and I don't know what to choose, and i also cannot find the exact specs of these 2 printers I need a something that can produce a smooth piece (I think it needs to have a smaller layer thickness, correct me of I'm wrong), while still having a big print bed. I think these 2 here are the best options, that fit in my budget. I'd like to pritn figures and stuff (not too small tho) and morse, useful things (replacement parts, etc)
    So I'm not 100% certain what you really need, but I don't think either of those printers will fit your needs. First and foremost, you said you'd mostly like to print figures and such, unless you're trying to print something 1:1 scale then I cannot express just how overkill getting an anycubic kobra 2 max or an elegoo neptune 4 max would be. A regular sized printer is already pretty big and should be able to handle just about anything you'd need, you'd be getting literally 4 times the print area. Unless you're trying to print something truly massive either of those printers would be impractically big for your needs. What might better fit your needs is the elegoo neptune 4 pro, it should be big enough to handle whatever you need while being 200$ cheaper and still coming with the nice features you'd get from the neptune 4 max. Though I will say this, if you're trying to print mostly figures, you may be more concerned with detail. In which case, it may be wise to look into resin printers; they almost always have smaller beds but a resin printer will virtually always beat out a filament printer when it comes to detail. Maybe look into the elegoo saturn 2 or saturn 3?You can find the exact specs for all the printers I've listed by just googling the company name followed by which of their printers you're interested in. The official website will be one of the first results and always features the exact specs.