Close

Creator X issue..grinding noise when the extruders try tomove in x-axis

Hi All,

I have an issue with the Creator X. When the extruder assembly tries to move in the x-axis, it will not move (the motor just grinds).

I removed the extruders and belt and the issue still persists.

I assume the problem is with the motor. has anyone else had this issue before? If so...was it the motor, and how to you take this motor off?

Thanks,

Anthony

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Take the right side panel off and it un bolts from a bracket. It is possible the pulley just came loose though so check the set screws. Steppers dont last forever so you might need to replace it. Kind of just need to check things out and do some testing.

I took the right side stepper motor assembly wires that hook to the control board for the stop switch, and replaced them with a spare...and everything works fine now. Thanks for the help!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by roguesqd View Post
    I took the right side stepper motor assembly wires that hook to the control board for the stop switch, and replaced them with a spare...and everything works fine now. Thanks for the help!
    The X axis stop switch is very small and tiny on my machine, they used the micro versions and I have had to replace it a few times now :/

Yea...I spoke too soon. The machine worked fine for a couple of hours and then it started grinding again and would not move in the x-axis. It seems to be an issue with over-heating. if I let the machine cool down for an hour, and restart it, it will build with no issues for a couple of hours and then start grinding once again.

At this point, I think it may be the circuit board and stop-switch at this time...the motor drive board perhaps? Ugh....

Geoff, did you replace just the switch or the entire circuit board there?