Close

Thread: new to me

new to me

I am restoring and old car. 1929 Cadillac. In the past I would have a small piece made of brass, then have it chrome plated. Now I am getting proficient at the hydrochrome prosses. It does not care what the materiel is. Some things do not show so it is not important to get it perfect. I am wondering if there is a hobbyist near Palm Desert or southern CA that could show me what could be done as far as making a drawing and print it. until I have time and resources. I don't expect it for free or could teach someone hydrochrome
    Jack ---- jp1gt@yahoo.com
    Last edited by jp1gt; 08-06-2023 at 06:59 PM. Reason: mispelled

Jack, you can have items made online, modeled and printed with the finished part returned to you.
    What types are parts are you making and if they are just existing parts with known measurements that can be fairly easy for someone well versed in CAD.
    Have you tired hdrochrome on 3dprinted plastics. I have basic 3d modeling capability, making many items for my own hobbies and life.

You are correct in that it takes a lot of time and effort to go from "wish I could just make one of these" to being able to do so efferently.
    If you have something small you have previously had made in brass that would work in plastic, send me the specs and I can try and reproduce it in plastic for you .. Just be the shipping charge assume it is small. remember 3d printers typically only have a small build volume.. I am working with 8x10x8 max and something larger can take many hours to fabricate. Also working with 3d printed parts there is always post processing required if you need to make it resemble the finish on injection molding. I am located on the East Coast. I assume the Private message app in this forum works, if so send me you contact info and I can send you a an email.
    You may want to edit you post and remove your email to prevent the spammers .. will send you a mail since i have your email.