Close

Question Creality Ender 5 Pro -weird Z axis problem

Hi, I recently picked up a Creality Ender 5 Pro. The guy that sold it to me has done a 32 bit board upgrade, but never managed to get firmware loaded onto it. I fixed that easily enough (currently running hte Ender-5 Pro- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.2.1 - Endstop - Filament - TMC2225.bin) After playing around a bit with temps and such, I managed to get the thing leveled and printing. I downloaded and installed Creality Slicer, which I assumed would be the easiest software to start with. When I print a calibration cube, however, it does not look right. (See attachment) It seems the Z axis print exacltly twice as thick/high as it should. The 20x20x20 cube comes out 20x20x40.....? Any idea what I am doing wrong here? Probably a rookie mistake, but I can't seem to find anyone describing the same problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    I don't know what's wrong, but you can check the size in the slicer and also look at the preview.

Perhaps you've accidentlaly scaled it in the 'Z' axis ?

OK, size in the slicer looks OK to me:

slice.jpg

the machine settings look as follows: (not sure what would be correct values here, or what to change TO)

settings.jpg

Well...

I have no idea why this happens, but scaling the Z axis to 50% scale works... (not sure why the forum insists on flipping the image, but you get the idea...)

20230712_105845855_iOS.jpg