Close

Flow Cube a Mess. Prints are a Mess

Hello everyone,I print with ASA and have very little problems other than ringing which I cleared up but now have this miserable condition that I can not pinpoint with settings. I tried to take my settings back to standard with no help. Though 40 mm/s might be high for ASA I was printing fine at that speed on my QIDI X Plus for many prints. The language barrier makes it tough to get solid answers from QIDI so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.Two sides of the cube print smooth while the other two are a mess. The results of the test suggests I should run at 37% flow.. heheheheDo I have a mechanical issue here or whhhhaaaaat?!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actual Model Problems

I have included photos of my model and the problems I am having with it. Once I cleared up the ringing (mostly by making consistent layer heights) a bulge at the seam and zits appeared. I again and again tried all the settings from temperature, speed, acceleration, retraction, clean nozzle and more with no help. Now the layers are just blobs. I also switched to my all metal extruder and have the same problem. I have the same problem with Prusaslicer or Cura. I am using 100 degree bed which I have used exclusively in the past with no problem so I don't think it is heat creep. All my filament is kept in dry bins and I did try two different brands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    I print ASA at 95 bed temp, 245 nozzle temp and around 35mm/sec or less speed. It seems slower is really better for ASA.
    No cooling fans on.
    Warm bed up first for 15-20 minutes and on no account open the printer door until everything has cooled to ambient temperature.
    That's just what works for me and Prusa slicer works for me.

I gave up with the Qidi normal extruder after a lot of problems with heat creap and teflon tube problems and just use the high temp extruder now for everything.

I don't know if the Qidi slicer has an ASA profile in it yet, but you could copy over the ABS settings and tweak the speed and temps for ASA, at least you'll then get a basic slicer profile.

The normal and the high temp extruder always worked pretty good for me with ASA but the All Metal gave me trouble on the slightest overhang and I gave up on it. The QIDI High Temp hot end has been discontinued according to them.I feel I have used all the settings at all speeds and this blobbing/over-extruding or whatever it is. I have been printing this model for 18 months while I make design changes and have not had this particular problem. My problem seems to have started when I started messing with Accelerations but all settings are back to normal. I talk to QIDI on Skype all the time and have not found a resolution.I think it has to be mechanical at this point.

Super Moderator
    There is slicer called ORCA that has calibration models built into it.
    I've just downloaded it to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    There is slicer called ORCA that has calibration models built into it.I've just downloaded it to give it a try.
    Hmmmmmm, OK, It is a derivative of Prusaslicer I think. I will check it out this evening.

Super Moderator
    I've printed the temperature tower and found that I had to add the G-code M104 S temp at the required points in the slicer to change the temperature, it was not done in the calibration file.
    I printed one before I realised this.

I did like having a set of profiles for my Qidi X-CF Pro printer already in the slicer.

The Problem turned out to be my Bed Frame. After weeks of back and forth with QIDI and others. QIDI Engineers suggested I loosen the Four Z Axis bearing and reset them according to procedure. But The bearings seemed good so I loosened the Drive Screw Nuts and the bed movement drastically improved. However, I think it is more correct to say that the bed frame was/is bent. Just before this all started I recall my model getting knocked off the bed and under the bed so when the bed came down it bent the be frame.After that I had to reinstall the Parameters file and everything looks good.I am running my model now and it is looking good.