Close

Problem with Z axis

I have a problem with the Z axis, the proble is: When i print a object the height of the object is much to high. The strangest thing is that the steps/mm is configured right, in my case 400 When i move up the Z axis with steps set as 400, the printer head moves 30cm, when i say it must move 30 cm. But the print is to high, how is this possible. I have installed a new version of the marlin software, is it possible that there is a setting i have not seen? when i change the steps to 350, the print is the right height, but the distance traveled is not good. and it looks like the print is compressed in the Z axis. I hope somebody knows what it can be.

I think i solved the problem, it has to do with:
    #define ENABLE_LEVELING_FADE_HEIGHTIn the marlin firmware, i disabled this setting, and the print was good after that.
    How this is possible i don't know.

20230320_222537(1).jpg
    This are the first prints, the grey one with #define ENABLE_LEVELING_FADE_HEIGHT enabled and with Z steps set to 400
    The yellow one with #define ENABLE_LEVELING_FADE_HEIGHT enabled and with Z steps set to 350

20230321_183656.jpg

The big grey cube with #define ENABLE_LEVELING_FADE_HEIGHT enabled and Z steps = 400
    The little cube with #define ENABLE_LEVELING_FADE_HEIGHT disabled and Z steps = 400, this looks good