Close

Slicer not heating bed

Good night, I believe this has been answered many times, I searched on the forum with different words and no luck.

Im running a flashforge creator pro with sailfish (was already installed); when I generate the x3g from slicer (bed temp in settings) it wont pass to the printer, only getting the temp for the extruder (i already changed the gpx ini file to r1d and makerbot, any help?? thanks..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    good luck, I haven't got any x3g files to work properly.

You could simply run the preheat on the machine itself and start the print when the bed's at the temp you want. It only matters for the first few layers anyway (I think). so if it starts to cool down after the the first couple of layers - It shouldn't effect the rest of the print.

Senior Engineer
    If your start.gcode file has a "M109 S0 T0" in then some gcode makers will ignore the temperature setting as they think you are doing it manually. Check your start.gcode

Some times you can get away with only heating at start but if the temperature gets too low during the print then you run the chance of it departing the table at any time, it does depend on what you have on the table, hair spray will probably not let go but Kapton and blue tape are more likely to.
    Last edited by Mjolinor; 09-19-2014 at 10:14 AM.