Close

Banned
    Add jtice on Thingiverse

Cura + Prusa i3v ----- Changing Filament Color at set heights ???

I was excited when I found a plugin for Cura that let you set at what heights you wanted to change the filament during a print, so I could change colors.
    But, its not working, and after researching it more, it seems it only worked with an old version of Cura.

Is there a plugin for the current version of Cura? I would REALLY like to have this feature without manually editing code
    (if I have to edit the code myself,,, how is that done?)

Banned
    Add jtice on Thingiverse
    The Change Filament at Z plugin is the one that was not working, I guess it was for an older version of Cura.
    I am using the Pause at Height plugin now, it seems to work.
    It moves the nozzle up some, and to what XY I tell it, and disabled the steppers so I can change the filament and hand turn the extruder to prime the new color.
    It was a bit sloppy in its return, since it extruded a bit on its own before returning to print, but not bad.
    I do with it would beep, which I think the old plugin did when it worked. That way if I am out of the room I can hear when it stops better.

Anyway, this is working for now, but any advice on a better way is more than welcomed.