Close

Thicker infill walls

Hi
    Do any of you know if you can make the infill walls thicker? Not the density but the actual wall thickness of the hex walls, say 2 counts rather than a single wall as seems to be standard?
    I'm using flashprint 5.5.2
    Cheers
    Mike

Super Moderator
    There's usually a user adjustable slicer setting to set number of walls.

I believe that setting is under the Infill tab, you can increase the Strength Infill, Solid Layers setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    There's usually a user adjustable slicer setting to set number of walls.
    Can't see that setting but ill devle a bit deeper into what does what

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzle View Post
    I believe that setting is under the Infill tab, you can increase the Strength Infill, Solid Layers setting.
    Yep I think that just adds a horizontal layer or layers so not the actual hex infil wall thickness but thanks for the reply :-)

Sorry, I'm still learning Flash Print myself, so no expert advice from me.

What about under the Infill Tab, Combine Infill, the Maximum Solid Combine setting description includes "infill will be thicker while thickness of the perimeter keeps unchanged".

Setting that to 2 might do what you want.

I really like using Flash Print more so than other slicers, and calibrated my printer using Flash Print, and not ready to go through that again with another slicer yet; too many things to print now.

So I'm interested where this setting is in Flash Print too.

This guy does it with Extrusion Width:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YaJ0wSKKHAThough this somewhat will impact dimensional sizes too.