Close

Threaded View

Best 3D Printer With Large Build Volume

Hello,

I am new to the forum, so I apologize if I break any forum rules or post this in the wrong area.

I am new to 3D printing and I am trying to decide what 3D printer would be the best option for me. I would like to be able to print an object that is roughly 300 x 250 x 20 mm (L x W x H). This object will be a tray used to hold small cylindrical parts. These cylindrical parts will be sitting down in vees that will be built into the actual model. There will be roughly 100 of these vees in the tray model, as well. The tray itself will most likely wear out overtime, simply because of the volume of parts that I would like to send through them.

One of my goals for this print is to have the tray actually sit flat. I would like to be able to stack multiple of these trays on top of each other and have them be relatively flat with each other. I know that I will never be able to have all of the trays be perfectly flat, but I would like to have them be flat as possible.

I have done some research on the internet for larger volume 3D printers, but I have found no consistent "best" 3D printer. I am assuming this is because everyone has their own preference on 3D printers, much like how people have preferences on what kind/make of vehicle they drive. With that being said, if I could get some feedback from the people on this forum on what 3D printer would give me a print of these dimensions, that is relatively flat, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I could get some recommendations on what material may give the best results, that would be great as well.

I would also like to keep the cost of the printer on the lower end of things for the time being. Maybe eventually I can purchase a more expensive printer, but just starting out, I would like to keep the cost down.
    Last edited by hjl5181; 10-04-2022 at 05:50 AM.