Close

Exclamation About to get the Makerbot Replicator 2 and I have some questions...

Hello everyone,

I am looking to get the Makerbot Replicator 2 used for about $950 and I wanted to see what was your opinion on this deal, I am new to 3D printing so any help will be appreciated.

Here are some pictures... Please note a copper? cable in the extruder. What is it? is it supposed to be there? What do you think about the price? Does anyone see anything wrong with this machine? Should I even get it if I have no experience in 3D printing?

78gh87ubu8i.jpgwefqwr143rrf234f.jpg3rf34fr3f434f.jpg$_57.jpgefsdfferfwre.jpg

Thank you.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Don't pay too much attention to the build time, that can be reset easily. It is so cheap, I would be a little concerned to be honest.

Student
    Looks like the thermocouple. Pop on that deal, it leaves plenty of room to upgrade the machine and still not have a ton of money it in.

Yes I would get it. The prints come out in high definition with the PLA, and you can upgrade to ABS like a Makerbot 2x. Check out links in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_U...oSnQhw&index=5

Looks like a hit and run? Joined and made one post then only came back for one day.