Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Often Do you Use Your 3D Printer?

Ok I was just curious.... Please answer these questions, as I think the community would find them somewhat interesting:

How long have you owned a 3D printer for?

How often do you used your 3D Printer?

Has the frequency of your printing picked up and died down over this time period of owning one?

What 3D Printer(s) do you own?

Do others you know personally own 3D printers, or are you the one they are all envious at?

How long have you owned a 3D printer for? Got it on August 5, 2014(about a month now. )

How often do you used your 3D Printer? Every Day

Has the frequency of your printing picked up and died down over this time period of owning one? Same as when I got it.

What 3D Printer(s) do you own? XYZ DA Vinci 1.0

Do others you know personally own 3D printers, or are you the one they are all envious at? I am the one they are envious of.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Ok I was just curious.... Please answer these questions, as I think the community would find them somewhat interesting:

About 2 Years.

I 'used' my 3D printer every day, often 2 or 3 running.

Has the frequency of your printing picked up and died down over this time period of owning one?
    Picked up and keeps picking up, I am buried in parts.

Flashforge for most of my printing time, I built a Kossel mini recently which I am in love with and a Prusa I3, which is still in teething mode.

Do others you know personally own 3D printers, or are you the one they are all envious at?
    I am still the only person on my facebook friends list (a small 180 odd people mind you...) that has one. I am still the only person I know that bought one. My sales come from all over the country, there is no set place, it seems it is still picking up in Australia somewhat.

Envious is probably not the word, curious moreso.

Last edited by Geoff; 08-27-2014 at 10:50 PM.

4 Months

Nearly everyday.

No. There has been a gradual increase over time.

Custom Kossel Mini

The latter.

Engineer-in-Training

A few months.

Everyday as I am still learning.

Stayed the same.

A Prototype that I cannot reveal.

I am the only one I know to own a printer. Most are envious.

I have owned my 3D printer for a week now.

Whenever I have free time; still need to do a lot of tests and ultimately some quality models.

Too short to say; but there are a lot of other things that have priority for me - it's more or less a hobby and a way to keep up with the technologies of the future.

I own a pair of Flashforge Creators both unmodded.

Among family, friends, colleagues, facebook, I know nobody that owns a 3D printer. I know a lot of people that would like to have one (but most of these lack the 3D skills to make their ideas into reality.)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    1) How long have you owned a 3D printer for?

2) How often do you used your 3D Printer?

3) Has the frequency of your printing picked up and died down over this time period of owning one?

4) What 3D Printer(s) do you own?

5) Do others you know personally own 3D printers, or are you the one they are all envious at?

1) about a month

2) pretty much every day

3) I do have to make myself take a break every now and then :-)

4) flashforge creator

5) most don't know what one is and the rest are more impressed by what it can do than anything else.

Outside of forums - I'm the only person |I know who has one.
    But then I'm the only person I know who makes all their own charcuterie, regularly uses a sling and runs an internet forum - so nothing new with the 3d printer situation :-)

How long have you owned a 3D printer for? april 2014

How often do you used your 3D Printer? everyday, or every other day.

Has the frequency of your printing picked up and died down over this time period of owning one? it's a come and go thing. Usually I get more request on print release then it slows down until I release a new product.

What 3D Printer(s) do you own? XYZ Da Vinci 1.0

Do others you know personally own 3D printers, or are you the one they are all envious at? Yes, two of my great friends in the same hobbies have the same printer as me. We print parts for RC cars and Quadcopters.
    Aside of that, I've been sending products as far as Hong Kong and Afghanistan to deployed soldiers. I personally do products for Drifting remote control cars and I am just getting into printing dyes to do vacuum forming so I'm always busy tinkering on stuff.
    As for the envious part, the only thing we get envious of is each others print quality when we nail a print or someone pulls something ridiculously detailed lol. It's almost like a friendly competition between each other lol.

Technician
    2 Months.

Almost everyday.

About the same.

Printrbot Simple Metal w/ ATX power supply and the heated bed upgrade from Printrbot.

No one I know has one. They seem quite interested though. I keep a few prints on my desk at work and folks ask about them quite often.

about a year

almost every week, but at least every month, 70 different parts created so far

relatively stable

Felix 2.0 with 3.0 upgrade

Never met anyone who owns one, rarely anyone knows what it is really, and girls think i'm very hot when i tell them i own a 3d printer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast